B.Com with CMA (Certified Management Accountant) enables students to accumulate substantial foundational knowledge of various finance and management accounting subjects while studying B.Com.
Students after completing 10+2
with any subject (Science/Commerce/Arts) can apply for B.Com courses with CMA. ICWAI may be a single exam that is conducted to provide admission to CMA courses at various levels such as Foundation Course, Intermediate Course, and Final Course.
This course enables students to get the CMA, which may be a globally recognized, advanced, and the highest level of certification in management. It also helps improve the training process of students by gaining knowledge in new areas rather than concentrating on the same subjects that are covered in the CMA course curriculum.
Graduates are recruited into various job profiles like financial and accounting managers in companies, budget managers, investment managers, calculators, accounts payable or receivables managers, portfolio/fund managers, financial controllers, treasurers, CFO, etc.
Major recruitment areas to urge placements include Banks & Financial Services, Consulting, IT, Retail, Pharma, Manufacturing [basically any US-based MNC in India, etc.
After completing the CMA course
, graduates can pursue postgraduate studies in relevant fields or an MBA.
||B.Com with CMA
||Min. 3 years, Max. 6 years
||Bachelor of Commerce with Certified Management Accountant
||10+2 passed from a recognized board.
||INR 6,000- 3.8 Lacs.
|Average Starting Salary Package
||INR 4.5-8 LPA
||AXA Insurance, Philips, Qualcomm, Grant Thornton, MetLife Inc., Electronic Arts, Alexion, National Information Services, Citrin Cooperman, TE Connectivity etc.
||Budgeting Managers, Investment Managers, Costing Managers, Payable or Receivable Managers, etc.
What is required to earn CMA certification?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- Two consecutive years of professional experience in managerial accounting or financial management, which may be completed after passing the exam, but is required because it is the final step toward certification.
- Passing both parts of the US CMA exam.
- Active membership in IMA (Institute of Management Accountants).
The CMA exam is fully computer-based (online mode) and available at many Prometric centres worldwide.
- Candidates can take the exam for six months out of 12 every year.
- The exam has two parts. Each part is 3 hours for 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The second part is writing an essay. Candidates are going to be given 30 minutes for each of the two essays. The entire testing time is 4 hours.
- Candidates must pass a minimum of 50% of the first section (i.e., multiple choice) to progress to the essay questions. They will use any time left over from the multiple-choice questions in the essay section.
- The exam is held in three exam windows during a year, namely January & February/May & June/ September & October.
- The entire mark for the paper is 500 and the minimum pass mark is 362 marks, and the minimum is 72%.
Tips to Pass CMA Exam
- Study Plan: Make a plan by analysing the previous year's papers, during which chapters or topics you are strong or weak. Gather detailed information about the CMA exam syllabus that you simply need to study for the exam.
- Identify easy and weak areas: Mark the themes that are easy and difficult for you and efficiently manage your time.
- Practice Mock Tests: Solve previous year's papers and improve the mistakes you made while writing the paper.
- Analyse Practice Paper: Candidates are recommended/recommended to require more mock tests as it will give them a better idea about the type of questions and difficulty level asked in the exam.
- Work on time management: the most objective while taking CMA mock tests is to focus on time management skills so that all the questions asked in the exam timing can be completed on time.
How to get admission to a good B.com with CMA college?
- Prepare seriously for the doorway exams as you can get a top college based on these entrance exam scores.
- Check reviews and placement rates of schools by visiting their websites. It builds your confidence in getting accepted there to a particular college.
- Prepare for on-campus interviews required by various top colleges. Dress professionally and send thank-you notes after the interview expressing your continued interest in their institution.
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus for the doorway test conducted by the particular college you are applying to.
- Each competitive exam is different from the others, so it's important that you read the instructions and procedure carefully before applying for the exam.
- Planning a daily routine for positive thinking. you ought to have a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and drink a lot of water.
Some of the important job role and average salary for B.com CMA graduate are:
||Average annual Salary
||INR 4.1 Lakhs
|Certified Management Accountant
||INR 5.1 Lakhs
||INR 36 Lakhs
|Chief Financial Officer
||INR 35.1 Lakhs
Why B.Com with CMA?
Some of the reasons why you should pursue this course are given below.
- High Demand: it's one of the most challenging and best-paying career streams among candidates who are interested in following their passion.
- Decent Salary Packages: Average packages for B.com CMA qualification is on the upper side for both private and public organizations.
- Large Scope: The CMA course syllabus is meant in such an efficient manner that helps the students to become technically strong, ready to face challenges, and have an extensive career.
We have an experienced faculties and mentors with us guiding and helping students to perceive their graduation like B.com, BBA, etc., with CMA certification and making them achieve their dream career. Contact us
to get complete knowledge on the CMA course, exam structure, and plan your course.