Foundation In Accountancy ( FIA / CAT )
Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) is also known as Foundation in Accountancy (FIA). This qualification is bestowed on the completion of 9 exams, including a set of awards, certificates, and diploma. CAT/FIA starts you at the most relevant level throughout a range of Foundation level certificates and diplomas that provide the ideal starting point for anyone new to accounting and finance and who doesn’t have any formal qualifications.
- Students who complete all nine exams, including two specialist options in Foundations in Taxation, Financial Management or Audit, the Foundations in Professionalism module and a year’s work experience will gain the CAT/FIA qualification
- Once the first seven core exams are done by the student, he or she can either continue their CAT/FIA pathway to achieve the qualification or he or she can transfer to the ACCA qualification to begin at F4 of the fundamentals level. A student will be eligible for exemption from the first three exams.
- A student must have to complete the Foundations in Professionalism interactive module to achieve any of the foundation level awards.
- Minimum 16 years old
- Preferably secondary school-level education
Introductory Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting
- FA1 (Recording Financial Transactions)
- MA1 (Management Information)
*Introductory Certificate In Financial & Management Accounting is awarded after successful completion of FA1 and MA1
Intermediate Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting
- FA2 (Maintaining Financial Records)
- MA2 (Managing Cost & Finance)
*Intermediate Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting is awarded after successful completion of FA2 and MA2
Diploma in Accounting & Business
- FAB (Accountant in Business)
- FMA (Management Accounting)
- FFA (Financial Accounting)
*Diploma in Accounting & Business is awarded after successful completion of FAB, FMA, FFA
*AFTER 7 PAPERS A STUDENT CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO ACCA
Choose any two of these specialist papers
- FTA (Foundation in Taxation)
- FFM (Foundation in Financial Management)
- FAU (Foundation in Audits)
*CAT Qualification awarded after successful completion of 9 papers.