Foundation In Accountancy ( FIA / CAT )
Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) is also known as Foundation in Accountancy (FIA). This qualification is bestowed on the completion of 9 exams, including a set of awards, certificates, and diploma. CAT/FIA starts you at the most relevant level throughout a range of Foundation level certificates and diplomas that provide the ideal starting point for anyone new to accounting and finance and who doesn’t have any formal qualifications.
- Students who complete all nine exams, including two specialist options in Foundations in Taxation, Financial Management or Audit, the Foundations in Professionalism module and a year’s work experience will gain the CAT/FIA qualification
- Once the first seven core exams are done by the student, he or she can either continue their CAT/FIA pathway to achieve the qualification or he or she can transfer to the ACCA qualification to begin at F4 of the fundamentals level. A student will be eligible for exemption from the first three exams.
- A student must have to complete the Foundations in Professionalism interactive module to achieve any of the foundation level awards.
ACCA’s Foundation in Accountancy (FIA) at CFO NeXt
Foundation in Accountancy by ACCA is the foundation level suite of awards from ACCA. Completion of the FIA module awards a learner with a Diploma in Business & Accounting. The diploma is designed keeping the expectations of employers in mind. FIA imparts the required core skills, ethics and knowledge of financial and management accounting which make students a perfect choice for employers to cater to their internship needs .
A student who has completed his Class 12 along with this Diploma in Business and Accounting from ACCA UK provides an opportunity to the student to take up good internships in various corporate organisations as well to choose good universities for pursuing bachelor and masters program for their future endeavour.
Completion of the ACCA FIA course provides a strong fundamental base to the student in the field of professional finance and commerce and supports the student in carrying out any finance based professional course in their journey.
The tutors at CFO NeXt provide administrative support to students throughout the FIA diploma & exams in line with best practices.
Thinking about a successful career in accounting and finance? FIA certificate gives a rewarding career and greater access to ACCA Qualification. Sign up today to find out why the Foundation in Accountancy is the perfect start.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility for Foundation in Accountancy
- Minimum 16 years old
- Preferably secondary school-level education
Foundation in Accountancy (FIA) Program Structure
Introductory Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting
- FA1 (Recording Financial Transactions)
- MA1 (Management Information)
*Introductory Certificate In Financial & Management Accounting is awarded after successful completion of FA1 and MA1
Intermediate Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting
- FA2 (Maintaining Financial Records)
- MA2 (Managing Cost & Finance)
*Intermediate Certificate in Financial & Management Accounting is awarded after successful completion of FA2 and MA2
Diploma in Accounting & Business
- FAB (Accountant in Business)
- FMA (Management Accounting)
- FFA (Financial Accounting)
*Diploma in Accounting & Business is awarded after successful completion of FAB, FMA, FFA
*AFTER 7 PAPERS A STUDENT CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO ACCA
Choose any two of these specialist papers
- FTA (Foundation in Taxation)
- FFM (Foundation in Financial Management)
- FAU (Foundation in Audits)
*CAT Qualification awarded after successful completion of 9 papers.