1. About AICPAThe AICPA (Association of International Certified Professional Accountants) is the most influential body of professional accountants in the world. The AICPA's mission is to lead a dynamic accounting profession ready to meet the demands of an ever-changing and disruptive world. They provide the tools, resources, and intelligence members need to clarify complexity, anticipate risk and create opportunity. They are their voice, protecting the public interest and strengthening confidence, opportunity, and prosperity around the world.
Founded in 1887, formed by members of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) UK and the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) USA, the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, AICPA & CIMA builds on a century-long legacy of excellence. In 2012, the AICPA & CIMA introduced the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation to provide members with a new level of resources and recognition.
We support our 696,000 members, students in 172,000 businesses and employers worldwide, helping them develop successful careers in accountancy and business with the skills employers need. We work through a network of 30 offices.
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants® (the Association) represents the AICPA® & CIMA® and works to promote opportunity, confidence, and prosperity for people, businesses, and economies around the world. Through its broad reach, rigor, and resources, the Association promotes the reputation, employability, and quality of CPAs, CGMA designation holders, and accounting and finance professionals worldwide.
2. FINTECH LandscapeFinancial technology, or FinTech for short, is a combination of traditional financial techniques with technology and innovation. It focuses on the application of new technological advances in the financial industry. At its core, FinTech is used by companies to better manage their financial operations. Cryptocurrencies, mobile banking, and online payments are examples of FinTech.
According to the FinTech report, India has more than 2,000 FinTech companies and is expected to boom in the coming future. Paytm, CRED, Policy Bazaar, and Mobikwiq all fall under the category of Fintech companies. The industry is currently worth $60 billion and is expected to triple by 2025.
Why study Fintech along with your Bachelor's degree programme?
The FinTech industry has grown exponentially during the Covid-19 pandemic, with a 61% increase in FinTech companies over five years, increasing job opportunities in the industry.
FinTech is a new and emerging field that is expected to grow threefold in the coming years, which is much higher compared to other industries. The industry is expected to reach a valuation of US$150-160 billion by 2025
While most sectors posted losses in 2020, the FinTech industry continued to grow, with more than 50 FinTech companies in India at $100 million valuations. Top institutes around the world like MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Stanford, Harvard, and NYU (New York University) offer diplomas, certificates, postgraduate and MBA courses in Financial technology.
After completing the course, students can get jobs in various industries like online payment, banking, loans, finance, etc. The FinTech certification provides a wide range of career opportunities in finance and banking.
3. The AICPA FinTech Qualification: Structure, Assessment and ContentTo qualify for the AICPA FinTech courses along with Under Graduation, there are two levels of certification that a candidate must complete. These levels are as follows:-
FOUNDATION LEVEL TO FINTECH
The Foundations exams are divided into two modules: Module 1 and Module 2 and Module 3
Module 1 – Economic Understanding – To be in parallel to Semester 1
- Accounting and Finance
- Financial Markets and Introduction to Fin Tech Program
Module 2 - Digital Landscape – To be in parallel to Semester 2
- Technology behind Fin Tech
- Fin Tech in Banking and Finance
Module 3 – General IT Techniques – To be in parallel to Semester 3
- SQL Techniques
Every candidate will write a test at the end of these 3 modules to get a certification from AICPA on the Foundation in Fin Tech.
The advanced level is divided into three modules, module 4, module 5 and module 6 Module 4–Technology & Wealth – To be in parallel to Semester 4
- Regulation of Fin Tech
Module 5 – General IT Techniques – To be in parallel to Semester 5
- Blockchain and Applications
- Machine Learning in Fin Tech
Module 6 – Technology & Wealth – To be in parallel to Semester 6
- Biometrics and Digital Identity
Every candidate will write a test at the end of all the 3 modules and the intermediate level to get a certification from AICPA to get Advanced Fintech .
4. Industry Partnerships:CFO NeXt along with AICPA is an approved partner with various corporate clients namely Hewlett Packard, Cargill, Netapp, Diageo, Microfocus, Schneider, Ace Micromatic, Unilever, etc.
CFO NeXt has partnered with various Fin Tech start-ups to provide students and candidates with the required internship and placement assistance. A few startups that have shown interest in partnering with the program are Razor pay, Udaan, Vauld, Cashfree, Capital Float, Indus Ind Bank, Verifone, Amazon Pay, etc.
5. How Do We Work Together?CFO NeXt – a Bangalore-based professional skills training company; we are one of the leading AICPA training providers in India. We are one of the fastest-growing education companies; we are trying hard to develop a new program with your esteemed college.
BBA/B.com/BCA in FinTech
I have attached a suggested course syllabus for Bachelor in FinTech which leads to the current industry trends and required skills to pursue a career in FinTech.
Looking for FinTech Course in Bangalore? Sign up today.
6. Benefits for the Students
- Internationalization of their postgraduate course
- Students only need to write 2 levels of certification to become internationally qualified FinTech professionals.
- CFO NEXT will provide qualified trainers to impart syllabus knowledge and exam tools. In addition, CFO NEXT will provide an electronic copy of AICPA-approved study materials.
- Students obtain a dual qualification at the end of the 3rd year. That means their college degree plus an advanced certification from the AICPA after passing the exams.
- Students will also receive a certificate from CFO NEXT for completing the FinTech Qualification training during graduation.
- Better placements and internship opportunities are offered to the students.
7. Benefits for the University / College
- The university/college can participate in the emulation of national skills by expanding the scope and recognition for business students.
- The university/college would be able to attract deserving students.
- The University/College has the opportunity to upgrade its infrastructures such as computer labs, web resources, library resources, and ongoing professional training for faculty and students.
- It helps the university/college to improve its overall ranking. (Like NAAC etc.)
- The university/college can further improve its reputation in its region.