ACCA stands for Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and is a recognized and globally recognized association that provides global qualifications for CAs. The certification includes 13 exams, 3 years of professional experience, and ethical and professional work modules. Applicants may be exempt from some exams depending on their existing education.
As this is a globally recognized qualification, candidates with the required ACCA membership can also apply for jobs abroad. Similarly, ACCA
members can apply for jobs in all major MNCs in India, including the Big Four (KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, and EY).
Scope for ACCA in India:
- The scope of a bright career and a secure future that leads to financial freedom is on the rise. Companies (of all sizes and powers) are increasingly aware of ACCA, its reputation, and its value as an international standard.
- Although some companies are still unaware of the global ACCA certification, awareness is spreading fast.
- It is worth doing ACCA in India, as it is recognized by top multinational companies in India, including the BIG FOUR. Apart from them, key companies like TATA, BARCLAY’S, STANDARD CHARTERED, BDO, GRANT THORNTON, etc. are also getting ACCA.
- Job offers, appointments, and pay packages are similar to CA.
- Various job profiles that a student can pursue after successful completion of the ACCA course in India are,
- Investment consulting
- Risk consultancy
- Audit and assurance
- Accounting consultancy
- Internal audit
- Corporate finance etc.
Opportunities after ACCA
There are various opportunities once the ACCA qualification is over. Since the qualification itself requires professional experience of 3 years, ACCA can either continue their jobs in the companies they choose to work for during that tenure or go for corporate jobs or private consultancy, etc.
Read More: Job Opportunities & Employers after ACCA in India
- ACCA can provide consultancy, advisory, fund management, tax, etc. Work abroad, like the USA, UK, Dubai, and Singapore.
- Financial or consulting work in top-tier multinational companies.
- Setting up your own business for consultancy, consultancy, tax returns, etc. can be another career option for ACCA.
- In case you wish to complete another master's program and pursue teaching etc. in the field, you can do that as well.
- Although ACCA members do not have signature authority in India, they can carry out audit work in the firms in which they are employed
ACCA Career Scope in India:
There is one single statement when it comes to the job market in India. If you are the best in your field, the jobs will follow you, and if you are mediocre, the race will be at your end. Finally, if you fall into the category of below-average performers, it will be really hard for you to find and get work.
The same principle applies to ACCA members. Good academic background, good performance in ACCA course exams
, and good work experience will ensure that you will have 2 or 3 job offers to wait for your final response. The number depends on your skills as well.
Taking help from some consultancy or referral firm to connect you with good companies with vacancies is one way to grab career opportunities in India. Another approach is to send an individual resume to various companies on your own.
Furthermore, ACCA members are yet to achieve this distinct level of qualifications and skills in India. Jobs and assignments will be the same as CA. So just ACCA course certification will not make you superior to CA competitors. You have to be good at your job.
Benefits of ACCA membership:
- As the ACCA qualification is globally recognized, candidates can apply to all leading international firms and receive positive responses depending on their performance and professional experience.
- International jobs are always yes.
- An ACCA member is, of course, a better choice for any company because they are already well versed in work ethics, have the required skill set, and have better knowledge and understanding of the accounting world.
- In addition to basic knowledge, ACCA members have exceptional knowledge of market strategy and organizational management.
- What makes ACCA a big YES is the fact that candidates can study while on the job.
- Another plus of the ACCA course certification is that you can move to higher management positions very easily and at the very beginning of your career.
So, ACCA has a really good scope in India, and doing ACCA certification is worth it. It can give a boost to your career and make you a financially secure person in no time. If your career choice is based on monetary benefits, you can be sure that after joining ACCA, you can find good career opportunities, job profiles, and big fat salaries.