On the contrary, CMA India is highly valued. It is just that CMA USA is seen, as a better value proposition, for many reasons. It is important to note that CMA India and CMA USA are almost the same, with respect to knowledge and information that is acquired.
However, there are certain suitable differences that give CMA USA an edge over CMA India. These have more to do with the way the exam is conducted, and not the course material. Both CMA US and India are professional accounting and finance certifications that can help you advance your career. In this blog post, we'll delve into the comparison of CMA US vs CMA India to help aspiring management accountants make an informed decision.
What is CMA US?
CMA US, which stands for Certified Management Accountant, is a renowned professional certification in the field of management accounting. Offered by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) in the United States, this certification showcases an individual's expertise and dedication in the areas of financial management and management accounting. It is a globally recognized certification that can help professionals advance in their careers.
What is CMA India?
The CMA India certification is offered by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) and is aimed at individuals who wish to demonstrate their proficiency in financial planning, analysis, control, decision-making, and professional ethics. This professional certification is designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the field of cost and management accounting in India.
CMA US vs CMA INDIA COURSE CONTENT
Let’s focus on the major differences between CMA US and CMA India courses.
CMA US - 2 Exams
Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance, and Analytics
- External Financial Reporting Decisions
- Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Performance Management
- Cost Management
- Internal Controls
- ITechnology and Analytics
Part 2 - Strategic Financial Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Decision Analysis
- Risk Management
- Investment Decisions
- Professional Ethics
CMA India - 20 Exams (Papers)
- Paper 1: Fundamentals of Economics and Management
- Paper 2: Fundamentals of Accounting
- Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Paper 4: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistic
- Paper 5: Financial Accounting
- Paper 6: Laws, Ethics and Governance
- Paper 7: Direct Taxation
- Paper 8: Cost accounting and financial management
- Paper 9: Operation Management Information System
- Paper 10: Cost and Management Accounting
- Paper 11: Indirect Taxation
- Paper 12: Company Accounts & Audit
- Paper 13: Corporate Laws and Compliance
- Paper 14: Advanced Financial Management
- Paper 15: Business Strategy & Strategic Cost Management
- Paper 16: Tax Management and Practice
- Paper 17: Strategic Performance Management
- Paper 18: Corporate Financial Reporting
- Paper 19: Cost and Management Audit
- Paper 20: Financial Analysis & Business Valuation
US CMA vs INDIAN CMA COURSE ANALYSIS
As you can see, there are a lot of similarities in the topics tested in the exams. There are more exams in the CMA India certification, and it takes longer to become certified. The CMA India certification benefits are focused on IND AS (Indian GAAP) and knowledge of Indian Corporate Law, which means it can be more applicable for Indian residents and candidates working for Indian companies.
The CMA US certification benefits are global recognition, and it only takes 6 months – 1 year to become certified. If you are planning to work outside of India or for an international company, the CMA US is definitely the preferred option.
CMA is considered as the highest level of certification in management, but the course credibility increases when it is awarded by IMA USA (Institute of Management Accountants).
Still struggling to consider CMA US or CMA India which course that best suites your future career goals? Contact us with experts insights you can achieve more than your expectations.
Both the CMA US and Indian CMA certifications are highly regarded worldwide and indicate proficiency in financial management and management accounting. However, there are distinct dissimilarities between the two certifications that may impact a candidate's preference. The CMA US certification centres on financial management and strategic decision-making, while the CMA India certification covers costing and management accounting.
If you're unsure about whether indian cma vs us cma is the right course for your future career goals, our experts can provide valuable insights to help you make the right decision. With our guidance, you can achieve more than you ever thought possible. Contact us
today to learn more.