CFA COURSE DESCRIPTION
CFA Institute was established in 1947. Over these 70+ years, The CFA® Program has emerged as the benchmark qualification for the investment industry. It has grown to over 150,000 charter holders around the world in more than 165 countries. These charter holders today work as Portfolio Managers, Equity Research Analysts, Fund Managers, Wealth Managers, CFOs and Risk Consultants. It covers content required for investment industry segments like Equity, Fixed Income, Private Equity, Derivatives, and Real Estate. Be it getting your study schedule in place, or seeing through it, you will need a CFA course with a comprehensive set of study material and expert guidance by experienced instructors to make your mark.
BENEFITS OF CFA Program?Leading global recognition
This designation is one of the most recognized and respected investment credentials in the world with more than 60 years of legacy.Better job prospects at the top investment firms:
The Program has an in-depth focus on financial modeling, portfolio management, and other investment related areas. Top investment firms, asset management, hedge funds value this knowledge base and give more preference to charter holders than other candidates from related fields.Exposure to a variety of roles in finance
The Program is not just limited to investment banking and equity research, but plenty of other profiles as well. Today, be it Fintech, Foreign Exchange, Alternative Investments or other offbeat profiles, CFA charted holder are the most preferred options for employers.Equipped for analysis and decision-making
It enables the students to be adept at decision making by incorporating reasoning and judgment skills in them.Enforces ethical standards
These charter holders uphold the highest professional standards and abide by a strict code of ethics.Implements global best practices
Extensive ongoing analysis ensures that charter holders uphold the best global practices in their work.Delivers practical, real-world skills
The charter is conferred after the completion of 4 years of relevant professional engagement, which means that the institute believes in practical skills. The curriculum is also designed in a way which helps you to tackle the real-world scenarios in an effective way.More time and cost-effective than an MBA Finance program
The Qualification is one of the best options to an individual who does not have the time or the resources to go through a full-time MBA Finance program for entering the investment finance industry.
Networking opportunities for faster career growth:
CFA Societies present worldwide to give you access to more resources to boost your career prospects. Being part of these societies will not only increase your networking opportunity but also your chance of landing a dream position. They also post job openings specifically for charter holders.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CFA
To be eligible to apply for The CFA Program, you must hold an international passport and one of the following:
Hold a bachelor’s degree
– or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program ( any degree program)
– or have four years of qualified, professional work experience
– or a combination of work and college experience that totals at least four yearsCourse Structure
This program is split up into 3 levelsLevel I –
Introduction to asset classes-Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives, etc
Detailed learning of tools like Financial reporting & analysis, Quants, Economics, etc
High regard to EthicsLevel II –
Higher dive into the valuation of assets- like Equity- Fixed Income- Derivatives
Detailed learning of Tools- Financial statement analysisLevel III –
Perspective change into Portfolio management of the assets
More than 50% weight to Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning
THE PROGRAM CURRICULUM AT GLANCEThe CFA® Programs Topic wise weightage
|Topic Area||Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Ethical And Professional Standards||15%||10-15%||10-15%|
|Financial Reporting And Analysis||15%||5-10%||0|
Exam details & historical pass rate
|Exam||Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Morning Session||120 Questions||60 Qs in 10 Case studies||Essay type|
|Afternoon Session||120 Questions||60 Qs in 10 Case studies||60 Qs in 10 Case studies|
|Duration||3Hrs for each session||3Hrs for each session||3Hrs for each session|
|Question type||MCQ||MCQ’s based on caselet||Essay + MCQ|
|Exam Month||First week of June and December||First week of June||First week of June|
|Previous pass % 2018||43%||45%||56%|
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking in this exam.
- Reattempt: There is no limit on the number of attempts for re-taking the exam but exam fees are needs to be paid separately for each re-attempt.
The grading of the Program results happen on the basis of MPS (Minimum Passing Score), after every exam an MPS is calculated based on the performance of an average candidate. Based on the MPS the student gets the result of the same.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS FOR EACH LEVELS
- 90+ Hours of Lecture Videos: Insightful video lectures by expert trainers broken down into 15-to-25 minutes video nuggets for focused learning
- Wiley Question Bank: 4,000+ practice tests, 2 full-length mock tests, and theoretical and calculation-based questions to strengthen the concepts
- Convenience of Online Learning: Learn anytime, anywhere and from any device (smartphones, tablet, laptops, etc.), study the course at your own pace and save time, money and efforts
- Exhaustive Online Study Material: 1330+ pages of online course material, exam tips, and color-coded reference system covering all the Learning Outcome Statements (LOS)
- 24X7 Learner Support: Learner assistance provided by a dedicated team of learner success managers to help out with the course
- Lifetime Access: Lifetime access to the study material, course videos and question banks